The 5th Kenya Fashion Awards happened recently, an annual event where it is all about glam and Kenyan fashion. This year’s event was on October 7th at Fairmont The Norfolk. The event was a stamp to the amazing things Kenyan designers are doing. Also our magazine won in the weekly magazine with the best fashion column category. Yaaay!
Several designers showcased, some of the winners in the different categories were:
1. Ogake Mochache – Designer to Watch
2. Adele Dejak Jewelery / Accessories Designer
3. William Roger – Stylist of the year
4. Joy Kendi – Fashion Blogger of the year
5. Koki Designs – East Africa Designer of the Year
6. Tintseh – Fashion Photographer of the Year
7. Joy Balogun – Make Up Artist of the Year
8. Couture Africa – Magazine with the Best Fashion Segment
9. Anjili Laura – Female Model of the Year
10. Nelvin Chuma – Male Model of the Year
11. Vivo Kenya – Fashion Brand of the Year
12. Eve Magazine – Newspaper with the Best Fashion Segment
13. John Kaveke – Special Recognition Award
Fashion awards are not only for the industry players, if you love the arts and wonderful clothing this is an event you would want to go for because:
Experience Of Runway Fashion Is Different
There is a wee bit feeling that comes with watching models walking on a runway.They don’t call it catwalk for no reason. Watch how a cat walks then book a seat and watch how humans do the catwalk, one paw after the other in a straight line – now you know why it’s called a catwalk huh!
Discover Kenyan Fashion
What better way to experience Kenyan fashion than in an event full of designers? You can go to fashion markets, pop up shops, designer meet ups but the Kenya Fashion Awards event is ethereal. My highlight was eco friendly bags and Koki designs collection.
Meet Amazing People
The fashion awards is a great way to meet local designers, fashion photographers, buyers, stylists , magazine editors, magazine owners, fashion bloggers and fashionpreneurs. I guarantee you they will infect you with their creativity.If you are looking to get your foot in the door in matters fashion this is the place.
Check out shots from the event HERE
All unlimited Moët & Chandon on the house anyone? Here are a few facts about the Moët range of drinks.
Have you attended a fashion awards event? How was it? I am already looking forward to the next Fashion Awards and a gown.
Love & Light,